So every year much like the rest of the country I try to take a moment to acknowledge those things for which I am most thankful. This year my list, my cup, my life, is full of wonderful things and people. Very simply, I am grateful for a loving family, caring friends and a great job. I know that I am fortunate to have these things and I try not to take them for granted.
Tomorrow morning I’ll be up early, hoping for some sunshine in the autumn sky as I take on my very first 5K Turkey Trot. Then I’m off to spend the day with family and friends so I wanted to share my list a little early.
This year I am thankful for:
· My parents who have survived 35 years of not seeing eye to eye and still gave us a loving home
· My sister who brings out the best in me, is brave when I’m afraid, and holds our mom’s hand when I’m too far away to reach
· My brother who makes me laugh, sees the world differently than most, and reminds me to take time to relax
· My husband who is devoted to making our life together filled with love, endless memories, and amazing experiences
· My amazing friends and family who invite me to their table when I might otherwise be dining alone
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, have a wonderful day.