Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend news

My paperback proof arrived this week!! (Needs some small tweaks but we’re getting close!)

Friday was a half work day for me so I spent my afternoon working on marketing for my book. For all you Nook readers, I signed with Barnes and Nobel to sell the Nook version of A Marked Past on B&N.com starting 1 October. For everyone else, Kindle and Paperback Books will be available 1 October on Amazon.com and www.amarkedpast.com

After a well deserved caffeine buzz and some smoozing (yes I had to drink 4 iced coffees in as many hours) I am proud to say that my book marks are available free in all four local coffee houses within 10 minutes of my house. And I’ve been invited to attend a First Friday at King Street Coffee this winter to do a reading and a book signing (date TBD).
Next I ventured to the local library and was thrilled when they asked for 1000 bookmarks to pass out! They also made my day by asking me to host a teen writing event this Spring. This is something that I would LOVE to do. Those of you who knew me in high school might recall that I always wanted to be a JR High or High School English teacher so spending an evening with a bunch of aspiring teen writers would be a great night for me!
For all my Ohio friends, free book marks will be available at the Stillwater ChainMaille booth at the Renaissance Festival. Say hi to Jeff B. for me and be sure to check out his handy work – it’s really cool!

Keep watching for news, we’re down to just over 30 days till release day!

1 comment:

  1. This will be the first book that I read that wasn't written by a PhD in Finance since Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete